Monday, January 6, 2014

Penang | Pulau Pinang, Malaysia

Pulau Pinang | Penang| Makan | Best Makan Place | Eating Place | Foods |Tempat Makan Best Penang, Pulau Penang

My Welcome Note: Click Here



Talking about Penang or Pulau Pinang, normally most of the Malaysian will associate Penang is the place with a lot of nice foods to eat. If you are non-muslim, you will have a lot of variety to choose from.

However, if you are Muslim, doesn't mean you can't find nice foods to eat or try.

Let see, speaking from my experience, when come to Penang, I like the Teluk Kumbar "Mee Udang" or "Prawn Noodles". Penang is famous with this, and my favorite place to eat Mee Udang is at Teluk Kumbar - Mee Udang Salwa.

I find the taste of Mee Udang at Salwa Restaurant is very delicious and the gravy, hmmm walllaaaaaa !! The prawn is big and the portion is big as well :)
The seafood they have are fresh. 

The location is quite tricky if you not familiar with the area, but it near Balai Polis Teluk Kumbar / Police Station Teluk Kumbar. Below are the GPS coordinate for your convenience.



SALWA MEE UDANG
 Location: Salwa Mee Udang - Teluk Kumbar
GPS: N 5 17.23, E 100 13.78

Here they only sell Mee Udang, but they also have crab and prawn if you want ti to BBQ or Steam or Boiled.

View from the restaurant

Ketam Rebus - Boiled Crab





Alright, know lets talk about famous Char Kuew Teow in Penang :). Penang is very synonyms with Char Kuew Teow. If you go to Penang, don't miss to eat and try it. Famous Char Kuew Teow in Penang some say Sani Char Kuew Teow which is Halal. But for me I found this another place recommend by my friend called "Char Kuew Teow Longkang". This place is HALAL as well...but the trick is, if you don't mind to eat beside Longkang/drain..then you can go and trybut if you mind, I WARNING YOU..the stall is beside the DRAIN / LONGKANG!! But I like it, taste good with fresh prawn!! :)

Ok, about where about? I'm sorry I'm not able to guide you in details, because I was lost as well when try to find this place. But don't worry, since I've found it, I've recorded the GPS as below for your convenience. It was somewhere at Bayan Baru, Jalan Mahsuri and the location of this eating place is right at the junction traffic light where you will see a lot of crowd eating and table by the road side.

This place only open at night after 7PM.

CHAR KUEY TEOW LONGKANG
Location : CHAR KUEY TEOW LONGKANG
GPS : N 5 19.59, E 100 17.51



--- To be Continue....---

No comments:

Post a Comment